> On 20 Dec 2016, at 20:52, Mats Palmgren <m...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> The current spec editor seems open to discussing multi-range Selection,
> which is encouraging.
>
> Perhaps we could add something like this:
>
> selection.forEachRange(function (range) {
>  // do awesome stuff
> })
>
> Since web developers are essentially doing this today:
> doAwesomeStuff(selection.getRangeAt(0));
>
> it seems it should be an easy upgrade to do this instead:
> selection.forEachRange(doAwesomeStuff);

I’d also be looking forward to see the ‘broken' selection spec move forward!

Perhaps even more intuitive (and shorter) to use would be a DOMList
selection.ranges that will be iterable (and mutable?), I think.
The selection world would unfold to:

```js
for (let range of selection.ranges) { … }

let range = selection.ranges.item(0); // or selection.ranges[0]
```

Mike.