On 12/21/16 4:13 PM, Xidorn Quan wrote:
This is a question for the spec. I guess it theoretically can return a
Promise, though I suspect that there might be some weird corner cases
which is hard to handle.

Note that I expect that this spec was written before Promise was a thing. The setup where we return a value in an attribute of the element (!) is pretty bizarre...

Anyway, I don't think dev-platform is the right place for this kind of
spec issues. You can raise an issue to HTML spec to start the discussion
there.

Sure, but it bears on whether we want to ship the spec in its current state.

-Boris