Ah, I misunderstood.

If the log line is printed or dumped directly to stdout, then the string
TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL actually will fail the job. It's only if we do
log.info('TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL ...') that we run into problems. So if
you see the string 'TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL' somewhere, it isn't
necessarily wrong (though I think we should stop relying on this string
anyway).

I did a quick DXR for the failure case and found one place in a rarely
used mozrunner utility function that needs to be updated. Afaict, no
problems have landed as a result, but will get this fixed asap as well.