On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 5:38 PM, Ben Kelly <bke...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Last I checked we do this all the time for new and potentially unstable
> things.  For example, AFAIK we do not enable e10s on ESR.  I have not heard
> if that will change for 52 ESR.  I would expect not, though, since we are
> still rolling it out to the full population.
>
> I just don't think we can commit to providing stable security uplifts to ESR
> for a 9 months if our trunk version is completely different.

e10s is very different to me because it's not part of the web platform
API. On the other hand, sites like caniuse.com clearly advertise that
ServiceWorkers are available in Firefox (and Chrome), and then going
back and not exposing that in the ESR population seems to me that in a
sense, we break a kind of contract with web developers.

What's the rate of ServiceWorker security bugs? Do you expect that many of them?

Cheers,

Dirkjan