On 02/09/2017 01:56 AM, Botond Ballo wrote:
- Replace direct accesses to the 'width' and 'height' fields
throughout the codebase with calls to getter and setter methods. (There
aren't that many - on the order of a few dozen, last I checked.)

I think you must have made a mistake, width/height and *Size things
are used in a gazillion places in layout code.  Most of those are
probably accessing the logical versions though (ISize/BSize) so that
might explain why it doesn't look like it's used much.  I suspect that
this usage is much more common than the operations you mentioned.

Is your proposal that all access to width/height/isize/bsize now becomes
something like "std:max(0, x2 - x1)" ?

The Graphics team, which owns this code

Sounds odd to me.  This code was written by and is mostly maintained by
the Layout team and is used mostly in Layout code.  The only reason
it's in gfx/ is so that it may be used also in Graphics code.

/Mats