在 2017/2/10 1:28, Benjamin Smedberg 写道:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 2:26 AM, 段垚 <duan...@ustc.edu> wrote:

Is this just preventing auto-loading (like "click to play") or completely
disable Flash for non-http(s) contents?

This is completely disabling this content.

Can users get back old behavior by flipping a preference?

That is not the plan, no.

Well, this plan seems too aggressive. I'd rather recommend implementing "click to play" for non-http(s) Flash first and deferring complete removal.

IE requires user's confirmation to load local Flash for a long time.

We have developed a Firefox based tool to edit/view local EPub files,
which may contain Flash.

If this feature can't be opt-out , we and our customs will be in trouble.

My mind is filled with questions about how epub+Flash could ever be a good
idea, but I will avoid asking them here.
Epub+Flash is not quite a good idea, it is just because our Flash assets can't be replaced in a short term.

Instead, could you work around
this by serving the content and loading it from http://localhost ? That is
what we intend to recommend for developers building Flash websites and
wanting to test locally.
Local http server could trigger security alarm of OS/firewall, which confuses users: why a desktop app want to start a server?

Also local http server may be more insecure than direct file access, e.g. misconfigured or flawed server may allow
anyone on the net to access your files. So I'd rather not head to this way.

Otherwise, you will have to build your own builds with this restriction
removed.

--BDS