Hi,

For a long time we have collected a memory report for most crash reports
where the crash is caused by an out-of-memory problem. But the memory
report data hasn't been incorporated nicely into crash-stats -- you have to
save the memory report file to disk and then load it in about:memory to see
anything.

I'm happy to say that things have now improved, via bug 1291173. For crash
reports that contain a memory report, the following 16 key measurements are
now shown in the default "Details" tab at crash-stats.m.o:

- explicit
- gfx-textures
- ghost-windows
- heap-allocated
- heap-overhead
- heap-unclassified
- host-object-urls
- images
- js-main-runtime
- private
- resident
- resident-unique
- system-heap-allocated
- top(none)/detached
- vsize
- vsize-max-contiguous

See
https://crash-stats.mozilla.org/report/index/c012f28b-cc09-48ba-9cfd-1e6c32170202
for an example.

This change should give us better insight into causes of OOM crashes. For
example, we will be able to see correlations between suspicious
measurements (e.g. ghost-windows > 0) and add-ons.

Many thanks to Adrian Gaudebert for lots of help getting this working.

Nick