Of course grepping agrees with you, since it's been the coding style so far! ;-)
I was hoping to change that, if most people agreed.

While it's good to know how many people are for or against it, so that we get a
sense of where the majority swings, I'd really like to know *why* people have
their position. (I could learn something!)

So Nick, would you have some reasons for your "strong preference"? And what do
you think of the opposite rationale as found in [2]?

(But I realize it's more work, so no troubles if you don't have the time to
expand on your position here&now; thank you for your feedback so far.)