Just about the "4 good, 8 bad" part, it seems quite arbitrary -- Wouldn't that
be hardware-dependent?
I would think users with "only" 1GB may have different needs and expectations
from users with 16+GB.

Intuitively I don't grasp how each content process can add that much more
memory that it would become a "major problem" jumping from 4 to 8 -- Are these
measurements accessible somewhere, to get a sense of the magnitudes involved?

After that, of course for each machine there may be a limit we would want to
enforce, so this discussion here is still needed.

Thanks,
Gerald