On 3/7/17 2:05 PM, Mike Conley wrote:
FWIW, the MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS bit can probably be removed, as I believe mach
will just choose the optimal number based on examining your processor cores.

Except mach's definition of "optimal" is "maybe optimize for compile throughput", not "optimize for doing anything else at all with your computer while compiling".

I had to manually set a lower -j value than it was picking, because it was impossible for me to load webpages (read: do reviews) or read emails while a build was running, due to mach spawning too many jobs. :(

Now my builds are 1-2 minutes slower (read: 3-5%), but at least I can get something else done while they're running.

-Boris