On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 9:39 AM, <jma...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 9:35:35 AM UTC-4, Ben Kelly wrote:
> > You plan to delete all the tests?  This seems somewhat extreme for a
> > shipped feature.  Why not disable just the tests that are intermittent?
>
> I agree that does sound extreme, but if nobody cares about the tests or
> will accept responsibility if we have failures, then they have no real
> value.  I assume they have value and this is why I am asking for help to
> find someone who cares about the code and will take responsibility for the
> feature and related tests.

I don't agree they have no value "if nobody cares about the tests or will
accept responsibility if we have failures".  If someone changes something
in platform and these tests turn perma-red, that person has to fix their
code.  This is how we prevent regressions.

Finding someone to own the feature and investigate intermittents is
important too, but that doesn't mean the tests have zero value.