As mentioned a permission prompt isn't great.

In it's current state it should probably be considered a "powerful feature"
that we can remove just for secure context. Granted this doesn't fix the
exploit mentioned here though.

Freddy highlighted that the spec itself suggests the Generic Sensor API is
the security model which requires:
https://www.w3.org/TR/generic-sensor/#secure-context I can't see that as a
restriction in our codebase though?

This looks like a specification violation here.

Thanks
Jonathan