On 06/13/2017 03:59 PM, David Teller wrote:

On 6/13/17 5:37 PM, Nicolas B. Pierron wrote:
Also, the chrome files are stored in the jar file (If I recall
correctly), and we might want to generate the bytecode ahead of time,
such that users don't have to go through the encoding-phase.

How large is the bytecode?

With the current implementation, it depends on the quantity of functions which are executed.

If there is no script executed at all, then we would mostly have the chunk-compressed UC2-encoded source.

If all functions are used then we would have the size of the bytecode, which is roughly more than twice the size of the source. In addition, you would need the compressed source if we want to have toSource working properly, which is currently mandatory for some addons (but not for long).

As for the JSBC, as this depends on the number of executed functions, I am adding telemetry probe to monitor the size of the source and the size of the encoded content such that I can have an idea of this ratio.

--
Nicolas B. Pierron