I know, it's a pretty late answer but:

My four Computers, running on Linux (OpenSuSE) are working fine with alsa from
the beginning of alsa on. Now there is no need for a unneccessary intermediate
layer named Pulseaudio in an fine working alsa-system. Numberless Tux-Users
ignore pulse and pulse still doesn't had it's breakthrough till now...

Since Firefox doesn't support alsa, i use at the moment seamonkey or palemoon.
If they go the same way, there will be other browsers, who respect the users
and do not ignore them. Bye Firefox.

I use Tux since 2002 and i know, what i am writing about.

Bye
Michael