On 7/6/17 11:47 AM, Andrew Halberstadt wrote:
# Are there additional things not listed on that page that we could lint for?

Do we want to discourage tests from using Date (`new Date` or `Date.now()`) for measuring time? Dates are affected by time zones, DST, and clock skew issues jumping forward or backward. The performance.now() API doesn't have any of those problems, plus it uses high-resolution timestamps with 5 microsecond resolution instead of 1 millisecond. In bug 1372261, mconley is changing the tps Talos test to use performance.timing.navigationStart + performance.now().