On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl <f...@gmx.com> wrote:

> I need to look at the notifications for SeaMonkey anyway but how could
> Thunderbird implement the standard doorhanger with no location bar? I think
> the dialog should be retained for projects which do not have a location bar
> and/or tabbrowser.

That was poorly worded -- these applications should create listeners for
the various events that are generated during the install process.  Whether
you try to adapt the Firefox doorhangers somehow or keep some version of
the current dialog (but apropos the original message in this thread, even
that is likely to change) doesn't matter to me, but the existing code that
displays a modal xul dialog from the guts of the addons manager isn't long
for this world...

This is straying off-topic for dev-platform, please follow up with me
individually or on the dev-addons list if you have more questions.

-Andrew