On 31.07.2017 20:30, David Teller wrote:
Node dependency trees tend to be pretty large, so I'm a little concerned
here. Has the memory footprint be measured?

That would also concern me (OTOH, moz's footprint already is as large as
a small skyscraper anyways ;-)).

We also have similar problems jscript-intensive websites.
Maybe there could be a way of sharing node modules between extensions ?

In the optional case, I'd like to have an extension actually being a
node modules, managed via npm or distro's package manager.

But I've got the feeling, that would require a fresh start w/ moving
that completely out to separate server processes: gecko exports some
IPC interface which extensions can call into, eg. request becoming a
filter for url pattern, retrieve and change a DOM subtree, trigger
certan actions, etc. When we even add docking windows to a dom element,
we'd also have the most vital parts for generic plugins.
This approach isn't even bound to javascript or nodejs - these
extensions could be written in any language.

--mtx