On Thursday 2017-07-20 04:07 -0400, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On July 18, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Tantek Çelik (tan...@cs.stanford.edu) wrote:
> > I'd like to hear feedback from Marcos (cc'd) on how/why this group
> > will complement or help our work in the Web Payments WG (does not seem
> > to be addressed by the proposed Commerce IG charter).
>
> I think it's great if that group goes off to collect use cases and
> requirements - we have a good 2-5 year gap between seeing adoption of
> just "basic-card" and possibly some custom payment solutions (via the
> Payment Handler API). So, the IG can collect requirements and
> eventually bring them back to the WG.
>
> It seems like an oversight that the charter doesn't say they would
> collaborate with the Web Payment WG - as eventually, whatever they do
> find, the WG will potentially standardize. We could simply point that
> out (hi Ian!), but I honestly just think it was an oversight because
> there is so much overlap with the folks from both groups.

OK, it seems like this is something we should be supportive of, but
with a few comments.  I read through the charter and it seems pretty
reasonable to me (although broad, but broad seems OK for an IG).

So I'm inclined to vote in support of the charter, with the
following comments:

=====
There should likely be a mention of some form of interaction with
the Web Payments Working Group.

Section 6 (Patent Disclosures) uses the old name of the IG rather
than the new one.
=====

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know