On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Sylvestre Ledru <sle...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Could you report a bug? We wrote a few patches upstream to improve
> the support of our coding style.

This isn't a bug either, but I've noticed that alignment anywhere can
cause collateral changes.  `clang-format -style=Mozilla -dump-config`
says `AlignTrailingComments: true` so, this is something you might
see:

static const uint8_t x[] = {
  a, // this only
  b, // has short
  c  // names
};

static const uint8_t x[] = {
  a,   // this no longer
  b,   // has short
  c,   // names, and
  0xff // everything has to change
};

However, I think that the benefits of clang-format greatly outweigh
this type of minor niggle.  It's relatively rare that this pollutes
blame, and there are ways to skip these changes.  And I can see how
it's easier to read than the alternative.