Can you have the user try in a fresh profile?

I think this behavior might occur if they used a profile in a newer version
of firefox (like nightly 57) and then try to take it back to an older
version (like release 55).  Database schemas can be updated in various
storage APIs on disk which prevent older versions of firefox from opening
the any storage for the origin.