On 18/10/2017 10:28, David Teller wrote:
> I have one proposal. Could we change the behavior of the JS VM as follows?
>
> - The changes affect only Nightly.
> - The changes affect only mozilla chrome code (including system add-ons
> but not user add-ons or test code).
> - Any programmer error (e.g. SyntaxError) causes a crash a crash that
> displays (and attaches to the CrashReporter) both the JS stack in and
> the native stack.
> - Any SyntaxError is a programmer error.
> - Any TypeError is a programmer error.

I'd love to have that, even only on try it would catch a lot of stuff.
BTW the problem of errors in JS code not affecting test results in any
way is very widespread. We have plenty of tests spewing out actual
errors (often only when certain races occur and objects/functions become
undefined) that have no visible impact on the test results themselves
since they're ignored.

 Gabriele