I’d like to add the VM multiplier: I’m working mainly on OSX and run a Windows
and a Linux VM in there with their own checkouts and objdirs. Instead of
allocating a comfortable size virtual disks, I end up resizing them quite
frequently to avoid running out of space to save as much as possible for OSX.

Mike.