It might be because this is a legacy 'embedded WebExtension' addon signed by Mozilla. It doesn't get disabled in 57 because it's signed by Mozilla. But we really should just load the WebExtension instead of using the legacy addon code imho.

On 15/11/2017 10:04, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> I don't quite understand the breakage. It seems to relate not to
> nsIJSON itself but to how extension-side XPCOM JS imports WebIDL
> interfaces (TextDecoder and TextEncoder, specifically). Anyway, that's
> beside the point for the question.

BTW, I talked this over with Andrea, the theory right now is that some existing code was broken and it undefined TextDecoder and the removal patch for nsIJSON in ContextualIdentityService.jsm depended on TextDecoder.

Peter