On 20/11/2017 17:13, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 11/20/17 6:28 AM, Gijs Kruitbosch wrote:
Devtools' inspector lets you see which DOM nodes have event listeners attached to them. It would be neat if they could provide the same support in the debugger for instances of EventTarget (or any "subclasses").

Hmm.  So there are at least three possible things you might be asking for here:

1)  In the existing debugger "events" view, include EventTargets other than windows and nodes.

I don't see the "events" view in the current debugger in 57/58/59 anymore, but perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. If it still exists, yes, that would be nice.

2)  When examining an object that happens to be an EventTarget in the console, provide some UI to see its event listeners (similar to the "ev" marker on nodes in the inspector).

3)  When examining an object that happens to be an EventTarget in the debugger (e.g. in the watch expression window?  Where else?) provide some UI to see its event listeners.

Was it one of those?  Or something else?

I was thinking more of these, ie the watch expressions and/or variables (locals/scopes) view and the console.

~ Gijs