Hi Tantek,

I spun this off the rec proposals thread as per your suggestion.

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Tantek Çelik <tan...@cs.stanford.edu>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 4:10 PM, L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:

[snip]

> Two things:
>
> 1. Do we have an Intent to Implement / Ship for the full testable
> feature set of these specifications? (I couldn't find any such
> "Intent" "ARIA" emails in dev-platform, but I may have missed it).
> If not, could the implementing team please send after-the-fact
> either/both Intent to Implement / Intent to Ship emails for both specs
> to dev-platform?

This work is unscheduled and TBD but we will send an intent when ready. The
accessibility team has been explicitly deprioritized working on new ARIA
support until the Windows multiprocess accessibility support work is in
good shape, our priority backlog is addressed, and priority front end work
is done.

Nonetheless, Joanie (chair of W3C ARIA spec) has been implementing some
ARIA recently in Firefox!

> 2. Assuming we have such intent, do we have bugs filed in Bugzilla to
> implement the remaining testable features of both specifications?  (to
> get the following %s to 100)

Not exhaustively no (for similar reasons)

> From Core Mappings report above:
> Firefox on Linux using ATK: 79% of mappings successfully implemented
> (188/237)
> Firefox on macOS using AX API:: 41% of mappings successfully
> implemented (84/205)
> Firefox on Windows using MSAA + IAccessible2: 75% of mappings
> successfully implemented (181/242)
> (or do we have documented somewhere reasoning why we won't implement
> to 100% - and if so, do we have problems with some of the features?)
>
> From WAI ARiA report above:
> no % tallies provided, but lots of red and yellow squares in the FF**
> columns here:
> https://w3c.github.io/test-results/wai-aria/all.html

It will be really great to get to a place where turning these green gets
back into our top priorities, unfortunately we're not there yet.

> Feel free to follow-up to this part (re: specs that we implement) with
> a reply-with-subject-change to start a new thread as needed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tantek

Thanks for your detailed attention here!

Cheers,
David