On 01/09/2018 04:59 PM, Jonathan Kingston wrote:
I would like to see the expansion of this feature here, especially for
handling more types of content. Chrome has been working on Web Share Target
API[1] which somewhat overlaps this behaviour and could be expanded to cope
with the use cases here. I actually think web sharing is the answer here,
it also seems like we need to go back to the drawing board for this API if
we want this anyway.

WebShare is more a trimmed down version of the WebActivities/WebIntents apis. I think it's unfortunate that instead of fixing the issues with WA/WI they went with a single purpose API - this doesn't scale at all with uses case they don't think about and limits the innovation for content publishers.