Our U2F support is incomplete, due to complexities with and ambiguities
related to the algorithm U2F uses to bypass the single-origin security
policy. I chose not to spend the time to implement that in favor of Web
Authentication.

The only big U2F property I am familiar with that our support doesn't
function for is Google Accounts, but I'm sure there are others. (It'd be
interesting to get a list. I'll take that to a different thread, though)

Kurt - So the webauthn support isn't working on Linux for you? The only
dependency is libudev, but there may be a hid profile somewhere needed. At
least one person on IRC reported that it didn't work on arch until
installing pcscd- but it was clearly something in the dependency tree, not
pcscd itself. If you find the answer, let me know... We need to nail that
down for the release notes.

Thanks,
J.C.

On Jan 29, 2018 3:45 AM, "Kurt Roeckx" <k...@roeckx.be> wrote:

On 28/01/2018 21:03, Daniel Veditz wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 6:35 PM, greyhorseman <traha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> so we're talking 2 full releases and maybe 6-7 months? Am I at at least
>> close to correct.
>>

> If your question was truly "allow ME to use my ubikeys?" (emphasis mine)
> then you can do that since Firefox 57, by changing some internal prefs.
> https://www.yubico.com/2017/11/how-to-navigate-fido-u2f-in-
> firefox-quantum/

I've tried this in 57 at that time and 58 this weekend on Linux without
getting it to work. So for sites I need to log in that support U2F I
currently need to use either the ESR version with the plugin or chromium.

Kurt