Also sprach Boris Zbarsky:

> On 2/5/18 11:37 AM, Andreas Tolfsen wrote:
>> Standard:
>> https://w3c.github.io/webdriver/webdriver-spec.html#interface
>
> All the IDL snippets in this standard are empty, which makes it
> hard to evaluate the standard or how our implementation aligns with
> it.

Through a series of unfortunate events, it appears a new version
of ReSpec was released in close proximity to my intent-to-ship
email.  That broke parsing of the WebIDL interface, but I didn’t
notice because I had it cached in my local browsing session.

In any case the interface is now back in the spec, but I will quote
it here for posterity:

> Navigator includes NavigatorAutomationInformation;
>
> interface mixin NavigatorAutomationInformation {
>       readonly attribute boolean webdriver;
> };

Sorry about that.