Hello dear Firefox development community!

As a fond user of the "subscribe to this page" button I sadly acknowledge to
see the deprecation of navigator.registerContentHandler().

I'm not here to grouse about it, but rather inquire about any plans to have a
user-friendly possibility for adding content handlers (other than editing
about:config).
Being stuck with "live bookmarks" and "my yahoo" as a default may be enough for
some users, but I'd rather use my own.

A mechanism I'd like to propose:
The pull-down for the subscription page already allows to choose an application
on the client's file system; could we supply another entry to add a web
application?
I'd appreciate that!

In general, I find the current state of the "subscribe" page lacking quite some
explanations. For example, if I select a local application for feed
subscription what arguments will be passed?
At least a link for further reading would help immensely, adding a "what is
this?" to the page for some context about Web-Feeds could be quite helpful as
well.
Users without prior knowledge about Web-Feeds might benefit from it, especially
when they explore Firefox's customization features.

Also, could we maybe include these content handlers in the data synced with
Firefox Accounts? It's rather discomforting to add the three lines of
properties to about:config manually to every profile I create.

best regards,
-1

PS: I'm sorry if this post violates any posting guidelines, I'm not accustomed
to newsgroups.