Hello everyone,

I would like to announce that with the landing of bug 1447194, all nsIURI
implementations in Gecko are now threadsafe, as well as immutable. As a
consequence, you no longer have to clone a URI when you pass it around, as
it's guaranteed not to change, and now it's OK to release them off the main
thread.

If you need to change a nsIURI, you should use the nsIURIMutator interface
(in JavaScript - just call .mutate() on the URI) or the NS_MutateURI
<https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/netwerk/test/gtest/TestURIMutator.cpp#22>
helper class (in C++).

More info here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Necko/nsIURI

If you find any bugs, make them block bug 922464 (OMT-nsIURI)

I'd like to thank everyone who helped review the patches, especially Honza
Bambas who reviewed most of my patches.

Cheers!