On 6/5/18 3:10 PM, Emilio Cobos Álvarez wrote:
I personally would prefer one space at each side when using braces:

  , mFoo { 0 }

I think the reason people tend to think of this as not wanting spaces is that they are thinking of it as a constructor call. The parentheses syntax for initializer lists helps think of things that way, of course.

Though I really find no-spaces-around-braces harder to read, not only in constructors but in general initializer lists. For example, I find:

   return { Foo::Bar, bar, baz };

easier to read than:

   return {Foo::Bar, bar, baz};

Right, whereas this one feels more like a struct literal of some sort, where you do want the spaces delimiting things...

-Boris