On Tuesday 2018-06-26 14:29 +1000, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
> The trend is clearly down, except for the large increase in .xpt size for
> the most recent measurement -- note the extra digit! It appears that .xpt
> files used to be binary, and now they are JSON. This might be related to
> mccr8's recent XPT overhaul (bug 1438688)?

What's the relative value of making something not use xpidl anymore
vs. marking an xpidl interface as no longer [scriptable]?

(I hope that marking it not [scriptable] would mean we don't
generate .xpt data for it... although I haven't checked.  I *think*
mccr8's XPT work means that we no longer have duplicate in-memory
copies of the xpt data across processes, though, so some of this
isn't as big a deal as it used to be.)

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,