>>> Why not on mobile?
>>
>> Requires platform specific code that just hasn't been written (yet)
>> for mobile platforms.
>
> Actually I don't really have a plan to support the rendering part of
> scrollbar color properties on Android. Do you think we should have it?
>
> I don't see any evidence that scrollbar there is a problem for people on
> mobile. People may want to hide the scrollbar at the end, but other than
> that, scrollbar styling probably isn't something highly desired.

I don’t have strong feelings — you’re right that we don’t have (known) compat
issues related to scrollbar customization on mobile (and normally we don’t even
see scrollbars). Unsure how important it is for other use cases, like mobile
devices with styluses or mice (I believe we do see scrollbars then). But it
seems like guessing at this point, since these properties haven’t shipped and
sites don’t rely on them yet.

--
Mike Taylor
Web Compat, Mozilla