15.8 finally fixed the compiler bug and starting with preview 4 I also got a good executable out. Had problems here with preview 3.

15.8 needs a configure fix for _RAISE.

Only compiled the comm-esr52 tree with backports to support VS2017 and comm-esr60 right now. Only x64 too.

FRG

Jeff Gilbert wrote:
FWIW, I found that building with clang-cl works fine out-of-the-box
with 15.7.x, and the Installer tells me that I don't have the 15.6
toolset installed. YMMV, but I've found that clang-cl builds Just Work
with 15.7.