On Thu, Sep 20, 2018, at 1:52 AM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
> While it may be the case that we may need to be more stable for
> MOZ_RELEASE_ASSERTs, I very much doubt that every single MOZ_ASSERT in our
> codebase is actually a guaranteed to never fail, so promoting them all to
> be enabled in something like Nightly is extremely dangerous in terms of the
> stability of Nightly for users who are trying to use the browser to get
> their normal work done.

If it's truly useful to know whether Nightly users are failing these MOZ_ASSERT
assertions, we could use Telemetry to report their failure instead of crashing.

(I wonder if we could collect all the same data, and use the same crash
reporting infrastructure, for non-crashing crash reports like this.)