On 9/27/2018 1:53 PM, David Teller wrote:
  It sounds cool, but I'm trying to understand what it means :) Do I
understand correctly that the main benefit is security?

In its current form, there are currently two primary security benefits that the launcher process provides:

* When the launcher process detects that it has been started with administrator privileges, it creates the browser process with a non-administrative integrity level. * When run on Windows 10 Anniversary Update or newer, we activate a kernel mitigation that alters the dynamic linker's search path such that it always attempts to load DLLs from the Windows system32 directory first, before attempting other directories.

Stability benefits:

As for the stability benefits, we cannot realize most of them yet. Once we have validated the performance and functionality of the launcher process and the basic implementation reaches release, we will be able to do much more interesting things on the stability front. Feel free to reach out to me off-list if you'd like to make further inquiries about our future plans for this.

Aaron