On 11/22/18 1:06 AM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
Can one do noreferrer with window.open()?

Yes, by passing 'noopener' in the features argument:
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/window-object.html#apis-for-creating-and-navigating-browsing-contexts-by-name:disowned-its-opener

But we're trying to _have_ an opener; that's why we're here to start with. We're talking about noreferrer.

Which reminds me, it's impossible to block opener reference creation upon
form submission right now as far as I can tell.

Yes. Right now <form> doesn't have a thing like "rel" to pass along directives like "noopener". Maybe we should get that fixed in the spec somehow.

I wonder if it makes sense to make a similar change here, to make <form
target="_blank"> imply noopener behaviour and then if that proves to be Web
compatible, propose to change the spec to pass false there?

It might indeed.

-Boris