Hi,

Usual disclaimer: the following assumes this all sticks.

I just landed bug 1515528 to autoland, which simplifies drastically how
to build Firefox for arm64 windows, from a x86/x86_64 windows machine.

At the moment, this requires some extra manual steps over mach
bootstrap, because this doesn't work with clang-cl yet, and requires
some extra MSVC components.

In the MSVC installer, choose the following extra components:
- Visual Studio C++ compiler and libraries for ARM64
- Visual C++ ATL for ARM64
- Visual C++ MFC for ARM64

(apologies if the names above don't match exactly what the installer
shows, I translated them from my Japanese installer)

While we're here, you might find it useful to know that the build system
supports using Visual Studio Build Tools 2017, which is has a smaller
footprint than e.g. Visual Studio Community 2017.

With all the above MSVC components installed, edit a mozconfig with the
following content:
  ac_add_options --target=aarch64

(yes, that's all) and run `./mach build`.

Once the build is finished, you can run `./mach package`, and copy the
resulting obj-aarch64/dist/firefox*.zip file to your arm64 machine.

Cheers,

Mike