Hi everyone!

The next meeting of the C++ Standards Committee (WG21) will be
February 18-23 in Kona, Hawaii.

The C++20 cycle is starting to wrap up, and the fate of several large
features is likely to be decided at this meeting. Concepts and Ranges
have merged at the last meeting, while Coroutines and Contracts are
continuing to attract controversy. Modules has achieved fairly broad
implementer consensus, and schedule-wise is largely on track to make
C++20, but there are concerns about it in the tooling community [1].
The eventual shape of Reflection (a post-C++20 feature) continues to
be debated.

If you're curious about the state of C++ standardization, I encourage
you to check out my blog posts where I summarize each meeting in
detail (most recent one here [2]), and the list of proposals being
considered by the committee (new ones since the last meeting can be
found here [3] and here [4]).

I will be attending this meeting, likely splitting my time between the
Evolution Working Group (where new language features are discussed at
the design level), and the EWG Incubator group (where proposals bound
for Evolution undergo a preliminary round of feedback). As always, if
there's anything you'd like me to find out for you at the meeting, or
any feedback you'd like me to communicate, please let me know!

Finally, I encourage you to reach out to me if you're thinking of
submitting a proposal to the committee. I'm always happy to help with
formulating and, if necessary, presenting a proposal.

Cheers,
Botond

[1] http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2019/p1427r0.pdf
[2]