I think it's not easy to do that for some modules. E.g., starting from Firefox 57, we removed a lot of XPCOM interfaces/objects. That caused redesigning some implementation around them (for making simpler and faster). Additionally, some refactoring must have been done in the period. For example, my owning module `editor` has been rewritten at almost all lines in the period. So, porting patches for such places require to understand each patch what it does.