On 5/14/19 12:53 PM, Tom Ritter wrote:
On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 4:26 PM L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:
So I think there's may be value in removing these distinctions from
the User-Agent header we send over HTTP even if they're still
accessible from Javascript (and useful there for sites offering
downloads).

While I would prefer to remove the distinction everywhere; Tor Browser
came to this same conclusion. They send the same OS for all platforms
in the HTTP Header (partially because Web Logs so commonly record this
and partially in principal) but they report the correct OS via
javascript (because we found issues with compatibility (primarily
keyboard shortcuts in things like gdocs.)

That's interesting -- do you have links to bugs?

thanks,

--
Mike Taylor
Web Compat, Mozilla