Hi David,

> It's not clear to me what this option means in terms of what you're
> proposing to implement and ship.  @supports is a feature that web
> developers can use -- and it should clearly match whether the
> feature is supported.  However, I think what you're suggesting here
> is that you might ship the feature only when WebRender is enabled --
> I think that's something that requires further discussion, given the
> confusion it would cause in the web development world.  It also
> seems (?) like you're suggesting something else about limiting which
> filters are usable to only those that have a GPU implementation in
> WebRender -- but it's not clear to me if that's for backdrop-filter
> only, or also for the filter property -- when WebRender is enabled.

The idea here is that @supports would reflect whether or not
backdrop-filter and WebRender are enabled. This would allow web
authors to add a fallback style if needed. I do agree that this would
cause some confusion and needs more discussion.

With regard to limiting the filters available for backdrop-filter, I was
trying to say that we would need to make sure that support is added to
WebRender for all currently unsupported filters. I do not think it would
be a good idea to ship backdrop-filter with only a subset of filters working.
Currently, the filter property will fallback to the software renderer if an
unsupported filter is encountered, this isn't an option for backdrop-filter if
it is not implemented in the other backends.

-Connor