On 7/22/19 6:22 AM, Tom Schuster wrote:
This was also discussed at https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/3255.
It seems like Chrome does NOT plan on shipping this at the moment.

Does "at the moment" mean they are open to shipping it in the future if we ship it and don't run into web compat issues, or that they are not planning to ship at all? What are Safari's plans here? What is the proposed path to interop?

We didn't dig too deeply into this data, but one idea was
that a lot of worker scripts are actually 404 text/html error pages.

This is something telemetry could easily measure, yes? Only record worker script types for responses that would actually get processed (i.e. not HTTP 4xx responses). Is there a reason not to do that before shipping this change?

-Boris