Hi everyone!

The next meeting of the C++ Standards Committee (WG21) will be
February 10-15 in Prague, Czech Republic.

This meeting will continue to focus on bug fixing and stabilization
for C++20, which has achieved feature-complete status in July 2019,
and whose Draft International Standard (technically complete draft
document, including bug fixes) we hope to approve for publication by
the end of the meeting. C++20 is a big release, so we want to make
sure we get it right. In parallel, the Evolution groups will be
increasingly looking at C++23 material. The committee's proposed
high-level direction for C++23 can be found here [1], with significant
items including contracts, networking, reflection, and pattern
matching.

If you're curious about the state of C++ standardization, I encourage
you to check out my blog posts where I summarize each meeting in
detail (most recent one here [2]), and the list of proposals being
considered by the committee (new ones since the last meeting can be
found here [3] and here [4]).

I will be attending this meeting, splitting my time between the
Evolution Working Group Incubator (which I'll be continuing to chair),
and the Evolution Working Group itself (on days when the Incubator
isn't running), perhaps also visiting the Reflection Study Group if
time permits.

If you have any questions about the upcoming meeting, feedback on any
of the proposals, or just want to chat about C++ standardization in
general, please feel free to reach out! I'm all the Berlin All Hands,
so if you're here too, feel free to find me in person to chat.

Cheers,
Botond

[1] http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2019/p0592r4.html
[2]