Greetings everyone,

I have determined the cause of this bug. It is due to a change in the way
*flask-pyoidc* handles session refresh. A new key, *last_session_refresh*,
was added to the session cookie and is now used to determine when an auth
token needs to be refreshed. Users who have logged in before this latest
deployment are missing this value from their session cookie. *flask-pyoidc*
handles these cases incorrectly, marking these users who are missing this
value as not needing a session refresh at all and thus the API will reject
those requests with an "expired token" error without any automatic remedy.

You should not encounter this issue again once you have followed the
instructions of signing out and back in again! There is no need to contact
me regarding this issue unless you are experiencing it despite taking the
steps outlined in the original thread.

Zeid