On 06/05/20 17:01, Markus Stange wrote:
> I see. What about crashes during regular optimized builds? I'd hope
> those print stacks.

You mean local builds? Unless you have ac_add_options --enable-debug in
your mozconfig you won't see stack traces. What you can do in that case
is build with the crash reporter enabled and point the
MINIDUMP_STACKWALK env variable to a build of the stackwalker. When
you'll hit an assertion a minidump will be generated, the test harness
will detect it and print out a stack-trace by feeding it into the stack
walker. Not optimal but better than nothing.

All of the above already happens on automation when running tests for
optimized builds: you won't have inline stack traces for crashes but at
the end of the test you'll see the crash dump with the complete stack trace.

 Gabriele