On 8/3/20 6:45 PM, Eric Rahm wrote:
*What's next?*
If folks want to improve the tool I'm happy to land patches in my repo, or if someone wants to support it officially in the mozilla repo I'm happy to transfer ownership.

This is a most excellent tool!

I wonder how hard it would be to get it in-tree and create a taskcluster job that produces JSON artifacts searchfox could use to badge source lines/warning invocations with the number of times the warning was seen, possibly reporting incidences as low as 1 since the violation of a weak invariant is potentially notable and useful.  Interacting with the the badge[1] could use the tool's "most_common" mechanism to list the tests that trigger the problem the most and provide direct log links so people can directly investigate the context.  (Most useful would be if we could then request/lookup a pernosco trace of the given test, but that would presumably be more involved since pernosco's self-serve API doesn't currently think of these warnings as failures.)

Andrew

1: UX would be TBD and likely subject to iteration.