On 2020/09/18 3:13, James Graham wrote:
On 17/09/2020 17:14, Masayuki Nakano wrote:
web-platform-tests:
none for `beforeinput` (because of it requires user input, and test driver was not when other browsers implement it), but there are a lot of tests for `getTargetRanges()` which I added (200+). https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/web-platform/tests/input-events
(FYI: We have a lot of `beforeinput` event tests in mochitests:
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/search?q=%22beforeinput%22&path=%2Ftests%2F&case=true&regexp=false)

This seems unfortunate. How confident are we that our implementation works like other browsers? Are there blockers other than time to porting to mochitests to wpt?

Some of them are portable with the test driver, but some of them may need to change key combination due to shortcut key differences. Additionally, most of them are not portable. E.g., correcting a word with builtin spellchecker, autocomplete, switching text direction, input from IME, etc.

(FYI: The simple editing cases are tested by the `getTargetRanges()` tests.)