From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+jeremy.rowley=digicert.com@lists.mozilla
.org] On Behalf Of Kathleen Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:20 AM
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: DRAFT: May CA Communication

On 5/13/14, 6:07 AM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 13/05/14 01:44, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
>> Also, the technical constraint of serverAuth won't work properly
>> since anyEKU (or a lack of EKU) is required in some grid, EU, and fed
space certs.
>> Unfortunately, their policies conflict with the technical constraints
>> Mozilla hopes to implement.
>
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Can you expand on this a little?
>
> The Firefox requirement is that serverAuth be included. It doesn't say
> anyEKU must be not included.

See the last sentence in:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/security-group/certs/
policy/inclusion/
"9. We encourage CAs to technically constrain all subordinate CA
certificates. For a certificate to be considered technically constrained,
the certificate MUST include an Extended Key Usage (EKU) extension
specifying all extended key usages that the subordinate CA is authorized to
issue certificates for. The anyExtendedKeyUsage KeyPurposeId MUST NOT appear
within this extension."