From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+jeremy.rowley=digicert....@lists.mozilla.org]
 On Behalf Of simon.zer...@gmail.com
Sent: Friday, August 1, 2014 4:12 AM
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: New wiki page on certificate revocation plans

Hi,

I would really like to see some hard metrics on OSCP failures and SSL/TLS setup
speed issues.

I use FF a lot with OSCP hard fail enabled and I don't seem to see any hard
fails. In addition my SSL/TLS sessions seems to be as quick to set up  and
responsive as ever.

Where is the evidence that OSCP hard fails and these speed issues are actually
a problem in the real world?

It seems to be repeated that these are major issues, so if that is the case
where are the metrics to demonstrate it?

Many users such as myself are not happy about the way the Google Chrome project
is moving away from best available security towards an incomplete and less
secure CRLset method.

If you wish to provide a CRLsets type feature that's fine but please don't
remove OSCP hard fail.

Security is far more important for many users that fractional speed
improvements and the illusion of security.

Kind Regards

Simon Zerafa